gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Bugs, check-ins, testing

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Bugs, check-ins, testing
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:42:01 -0500

I've checked in some changes, fixing several more bugs.

since fixed two of them (a typep problem and a REMF bug) and
reduced the number of ansi-test failures to 1725 (mostly
from the typep change) and checked in these changes.  Should
I be updating the debian changelog for this?

I've been using debian/changelog to document all my changes, so if you
want to do the same that would be great.  Typically I make an entry in
the changelog, and then commit to cvs with the same message the
modified changelog and the fixed files to which the entry pertains.

It wasn't clear to me what format I should update that in,
so I didn't.

I have some more fixes I want to check in.  How do you
test your changes, beyond running ansi-tests?

My rough guide is the following:

1) CVS head -- must self build and run ansi-tests
2) Testing tags -- must do the above and build acl2/nqthm/pc-nqthm
        and pass their regression suites

I tested these changes with ansi-tests and make test on ACL2 (2.9.3).

BTW, I changed the property used for compiler macros from COMPILER-MACRO
to COMPILER-MACRO-PROP.  The former should be an exported symbol of the CL
package, and was causing some of the symbol tests to fail (since they're
not allowed to come with any properties whose indicators are external
symbols of the CL package.)

DOCUMENTATION is now returning NIL for documentation type T (vs. throwing
an error).  I'm not quite sure how this interacts with the generic DOCUMENTATION
function.

The number of ansi-tests failures is now 1690 out of 21309 tests.

        Paul