gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Performance complaint from a user

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Performance complaint from a user
Date: 29 Aug 2005 11:06:59 -0400

Greetings, and thanks for the pointer!

We may be able to address the non-null lexical environment if it is
deemed important.  But the remaining issues if any appear inaccessible
as the author states he is not publishing the test code.  Why not?

I care a lot about GCL performance.  In general, time permitting, I
pledge my assistance in getting the best performance out of GCL for
any example code submitted.  What I'd need for this is of course the
source, and preferably the comparative timing information with gc
broken out for the compared systems in question.  If the systems are
other than cmucl and clisp (the ones I have installed), then a
disassembly of the code in those systems would be useful as well.  To
this end, perhaps sbcl is a better reference system than cmucl -- I've
never really understood why there are too different projects here.

Take care,