gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: debug prompt in ACL2 with GCL 2.7.0

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: debug prompt in ACL2 with GCL 2.7.0
Date: 05 Oct 2005 22:36:42 -0400

Greetings!

Matt Kaufmann <address@hidden> writes:

> [re-sending: I see that address@hidden and address@hidden were in the
> thread earlier, so I'm including them]
>
> Just joining the thread (better to use address@hidden for my email
> instead of address@hidden -- home computer is mostly broken so I'm using
> my wife's, which can't connect to AMD).
>
> Yes, the debug break issue is definitely my problem.  (Bob, your workaround of
> using install-old-raw-prompt is the correct one.)  J and I thought it would be
> nice to let ACL2 users know when they are in raw Lisp, especially during
> breaks.  But I don't know how to accomplish that in GCL without redefining
> si::break-level, and of course that's dangerous because it's based on GCL code
> that is specific to a particular GCL version.  I'll have to think about that.
>
> Camm, is there a way to append "[RAW LISP]" to the prompt, preferably only
> when
> within a break, other than to redefine si::break-level?

There is no way I know of currently, but we can certainly add one.
Perhaps another special variable *break-prompt*?  We have to be a bit
careful as we actually have two break-levels -- the one in clcs/
overwrites the function to include ansi restarts.  In fact, it is on
my todo list to track down some conflict here which makes backtraces
much slower in the ansi build in cvs, and even possibly omits relevant
stack frames in the output.

Take care,