gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.7.0 looking good

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.7.0 looking good
Date: 26 Oct 2005 09:12:00 -0400

Greetings!

Nicolas Neuss <address@hidden> writes:

> > Thanks Camm, for putting that much emphasis on my needs:-) However, a
> > missing DEFINE-SYMBOL-MACRO should not be a show-stopper for me, although I
> > waited for your reaction first.  I think that I could recode the relevant
> > part relatively easily with SYMBOL-MACROLET, although the result would be
> > somewhat more verbose.  The new version even would be lexically "cleaner".
> > Since DEFINE-SYMBOL-MACRO looks difficult, I will change Femlisp to
> > SYMBOL-MACROLET in the next days.
>
> OK, I did this now.  Now the main part of Femlisp compiles without
> stopping.  However, the regression tests breaks down with a segmentation
> fault (I still have to find out where exactly).

Great!  Please let me know if problems persist.  Also, if you hav a
copy of your modified source, I may find a little time to take a
look.

> In the meantime: is there a replacement for the function FIND-EXECUTABLE
> which you have in CMUCL/SBCL?

Not presently, but we can certainly make one.  Was looking for the
source thereof in cmucl and could not find it.  I'd like to push
forward certain system facilities into GCL for the purposes of
parallelization anyway  -- I've always thought that STAT and some
basic directory tree recursion would be useful too.

Take care,