gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] HEAD and GBC on Windows.

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] HEAD and GBC on Windows.
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:21:06 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Great!  So we can close the savannah bug, unless you feel
| we've done something to cause the xmaxima issue Vadim is
| reporting.  Are these unrelated?

I believe that Vadim reported on Sunday on the Maxima list that the
problem lay with cross compiling GCL or Maxima or something else in a
locale other than C.

Bug 14821 is fixed:

Top level.
>(defun f (x) (* x x))

>(compile 'f)

Compiling C:/DOCUME~1/miketh/LOCALS~1/Temp/gazonk_3968_0.lsp.
End of Pass 1.
End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=0 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
Finished compiling C:/DOCUME~1/miketh/LOCALS~1/Temp/gazonk_3968_0.lsp.
start address -T 1048cf58 Finished loading
C:/DOCUME~1/miketh/LOCALS~1/Temp
nk_3968_0.o
#<compiled-function F>
NIL
NIL

But I will not have time today to look into any more stuff.  It looks
like I'm not getting emails from the bug tracker I think because of a
change in iur email system a couple of months ago.  I'll look into that
later on.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.