gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] si::proper-list type propagation

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] si::proper-list type propagation
Date: 25 Feb 2006 14:27:26 -0500

Greetings!

Now that bignum circle-list support it in, I'm wondering about the
potential for propagating the si::proper-list type.  The killer of
course is that if virtually any function intervenese between the first
binding of a proper list and its use, that function could have made it
improper regardless of its argument list.  Safety requires some sort
of no-side-effects property to compiled functions, which should be
great for acl2.  Just thinking out loud here and making a note to
myself for the future.

take care,