gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Items in the mod directory using packages and the FFI

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Items in the mod directory using packages and the FFI
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:30:11 +1000

Hi Camm.

I'm at a loss regarding the correct way to set up a group of FFI definitions
within an appropriate package while building GCL.

The system used to work as, for example, shown by the manner in which the
JAPI GUI is built in the GCL 2.6.x series.

Unfortunately in 2.7.0 I have been unable to find the correct sequence of
defpackage/in-package calls and module compile/load/inits to avoid
complaints about either previously defined or non-existent packages when
building JAPI (and, in a move related to my separate work on incorporating
WinMain, some Win32 functions) into GCL.

Any hints?

Incidentally, I think that we should seriously consider supporting CFFI in
2.7.0 if we can find the resources - it will open up some interesting
packages for GCL users, notably a wxWidgets binding which has already been
ported to other CL implementations.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.