gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: utterly ignoring ftype permitted!

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: utterly ignoring ftype permitted!
Date: 22 Apr 2006 00:27:10 -0400

Greetings!

Robert Boyer <address@hidden> writes:

> > Redefining the function must wipe out or redefine the
> > proclamation info with a big warning when the signature
> > changes.
>
> Iduno. From the ANSI:
>
>   It is permitted to ignore one or all of the ftype
>   declarations in force.
>
> Pretty amazing, no?

Indeed.  Whence my earlier comment about the evolution of lisp and the
hypothesized committee cleanup efforts.

ftype -> the, can one ignore this too?  It certainly appeared that the
type content, not the number of results, could be enforced from your
earlier snippet.  Does not appear entierly ignorable.

Take care,