gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] GCL 2.6.7 compile errors

From: Jannis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] GCL 2.6.7 compile errors
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:26:53 +0200

Hello,

I'm a Lunar Linux developer and wanted to write a wxMaxima module for
our distribution yesterday. After I noticed that our version was quite
old (2.5.x), I updated to 2.6.7 and tried to compile it.

First of all, I had to write a patch for the configure script which
failed because there was one quote too much in line 1711. See the
attached patch for details.

Having done this, configure finished and make started. I soon ran into
trouble because the libbfd shipped with our binutils (2.16.1) seems to
be incompatible with gcl. I fixed it by adding

  --enable-locbfd=yes
  --enable-dynsysbfd=no
  --enable-statsysbfd=no

to the configure call. Even after that I still get errors during make.
I've attached configure and make logs.

Random information about our build system versions:

  gcc      3.4.5
  binutils 2.16.1
  glibc    2.3.6

Any ideas?