gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] xgcl incorporation

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] xgcl incorporation
Date: 09 Jun 2006 11:59:45 -0400

Greetings!  Good news is that maxima, acl2, and axiom all build atop a
local 2.6.8pre package with xgcl included.  Contrary to what I've said
earlier, I'm leaning toward just including this code in the shipped
binary images.

There were a few modifications I'll note later.  The main issue is
that I suspect none of this will work on 64bit, as the code collapses
all X window function prototypes to 'int'.  int -> long is likely a
workaround, but this needs cleaning up at some point.  (I've briefly
tried including the correct prototypes, but this breaks the build, as
some of the functions are C macros which don't play well with defentry
and defCfun, etc.)

In any case, it would be nice if someone 1) could test on a 64bit
machine to which they have X11 access, 2) provide ssh access *with X
forwarding* enabled for me to do so.

I've provided the following autoload in the user package:

(xgcl)

Finished loading /usr/lib/gcl-2.6.8/xgcl-2/gcl_dwtest.lsp
Welcome to xgcl!  Please see dwdoc for details.
  Or try (wtestc) .. (wtestk) for examples.
NIL

Or one can (use-package 'xlib) and do (menu) calls by hand.

I've noticed that if the DISPLAY is unset, and one tries a wtest, one
gets a segfault instead of a warning -- anyone know where this can be
fixed?

This is checked into branch Version_2_6_8pre now and will be soon as
well to cvs head.

Some new items:

configure switch --enable-xgcl (default) --disable-xgcl
:xgcl feature, code is licensed under gpl (not lgpl) and reported in
banner
debian/copyright updated
dwdoc documentation installed alongside gcl-si and gcl-tk
Gordon Novak's xgcl-4 updates
compiler::link build mechanism on top of either traditional or ansi image.

Take care,