gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: xgcl incorporation

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: xgcl incorporation
Date: 09 Jun 2006 12:36:36 -0400

Greetings!

My plan at present is to have all gcl-based images include this code,
which means that they will dynamically link against some X11
libraries, though I'm still open to discussion.  They will certainly
work as long as these libraries are present, regardless of whether one
invokes in emacs, a terminal, or whatever.  If one wishes to use xgcl,
then of course one needs a working DISPLAY.  Should be like gcl-tk,
but there only the external binary requires the X stuff.

Needless to say, this will not be linked in on Windows.  This should
happen automatically, and of course needs testing too.  As does the
Mac.  I'll try uploading to Debian in the guise of a patch against
2.6.7 to flush out any autobuilder problems.

Take care,