gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: time limits

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: time limits
Date: 19 Jun 2006 10:35:43 -0400

Greetings, and sorry for the delay!

There are hooks for sigalrm in usig2.c, and gcl does recover on
receiving this signal, but it is not clear to me what is interrupted
and what continues in this case yet.  There are system functions
si::allow-signal etc., and we can easily add an alarm function.
(sleep 60), for example, terminates on the signal, but (do nil (nil)
(print 'f)(sleep 1)) does not break back up to top-level.  I suspect
to make this useful one will need to trigger a throw on signal receipt
to a user-defined catch somewhere.

Take care,