gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: remarks upon first using xgcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: remarks upon first using xgcl
Date: 26 Jun 2006 20:34:25 -0400

Greetings!

OK I've synchronized your modifications.  I've also used your
tohtml.lsp to build the dwdoc.html files at build time -- please let
me know if this is alright. tohtml and index are compiled and loaded
in the xlib package too.  dwdoc.html files are produced, and I use the
contents and index programs to make empty or almost empty entries for
these. (They are not being built automatically by make at the moment --
will fix this shortly.)

On elgin under my home then test/, and on harper under my home, there
are ansi builds of 2.6.8pre and gcl2 (which is 2.7.0) with X enabled.
These are non-static builds.  Static still needs work.  The (xgcl) and
(xgcl-demo) commands should work.

1) in gcl2 (aka 2.7.0), the window is not being erased properly in
   some tests.  Any ideas here?
2) Agree with Bob that it would be great to recover from an X window
   shutdown without exiting gcl.  Thanks for the unset DISPLAY fix!
3) Still having problems with the text entry on 64bit harper -- the
   demo just hangs.  But if you are not -- maybe it is just me :-).
4) Please kindly look over the files in the xgcl-2 directory.  I had
   to make some minor modifications, but I regard all these as
   essentially your files and want them to meet with your
   satisfaction.

Take care,