gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Problems with gcl 2.6.8 and agraphics in Axiom

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Problems with gcl 2.6.8 and agraphics in Axiom
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 21:23:23 +0300

Hi!

I have some troubles with axiom and recent versions gcl 2.6.8.
I have tried to build axiom releases of April 2006 and
September 2006 with various gcl 2.6.8 snapshots:

1. gcl-2.6.8pre.tgz in Axiom CVS
2. gcl-2.6.8pre2.tgz in Axiom CVS
3. gcl 2.6.8 CVS October 8, 2006

In all combinations build is OK and Axiom
seems to be in workable state.  But with newer
gcl versions 2 and 3 I have troubles with graphics.
Whenever I try to plot anything 2d or 3d plot
windows pops up but it is blank. I see only
plotted function name but graphics itself is
missing.  No any error messages of warnings.
I'm almost certain that something is wrong with
recent gcl 2.6.8 since problem exist with both
Axiom versions and gcl 2 and 3 but it disappears
if I build Axiom with older gcl 2.6.8 (1 above).

Unfortunately I had no time to investigate problem
in more details.  Maybe anybody has a good idea
how to debug such peculiar situation?

With best regards,

Vadim

--