gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: sock_get_string_buf

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: sock_get_string_buf
Date: 02 Nov 2006 15:55:58 +0100

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| In all of the following, --disable-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd is
| needed.  configure should be smarter, but I'm unsure as to whether
| automating this determination should go into 2.6.8, as it could be
| tricky.

I have the following on axiom.build-improvements to detect that.

    If GCL is not present in the build environment (a very common
    situation on
    most platforms), we must build one from a copy included in the
    Axiom tarball.  However, GCL relies on the libirary BFD, the include
    headers of which may not exist (quite common).  In order to avoid
    failure while building GCL, we test for the existence of [[<bfd.h>]]
    and the corresponding library.  We configure GCL to
    use its own copy of BFD accordingly.

    <<gcl options>>=
    axiom_host_has_bfd_h=
    axiom_host_has_libbfd=
    AC_CHECK_HEADER([bfd.h], [axiom_host_has_bfd_h=yes])
    AC_HAVE_LIBRARY([bfd], [axiom_host_has_libbfd=yes])

    axiom_gcl_bfd_option=
    if test x"$axiom_host_has_bfd_h" = xyes \
        && test x"$axiom_host_has_libbfd" = xyes; then
        axiom_gcl_bfd_option="--enable-statsysbfd"
    else
        axiom_gcl_bfd_option="--disable-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd"
    fi

    GCLOPTS="--enable-vssize=65536*2 --disable-dynsysbfd \
                $axiom_gcl_bfd_option --enable-maxpage=256*1024"
    @

-- Gaby