gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] GCL-2.6.8pre and cygwin

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] GCL-2.6.8pre and cygwin
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:57:20 -0500

Greetings!  We haven't bothered with the port to cygwin given the
existing mingw port, which Windows people tell me is preferrable.  If
you really have need for a cygwin port, I'd be happy to work with you
on it.  Just kindly post the configure and build log output, and we
will iterate until done.

Take care,

Hi Camm,

  I started work on Axiom for Cygwin; thereofre I needed GCL that
platform.  The build failed for me at several places -- so I would
like to inquire on the official status.

  The first failure was in unixtime.c.  I fixed that with a horrible
hack.  The build failed later in unexnt.c.  I see that file was taken
from Emacs, is it still maintained?