gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:03:30 -0500

On December 10, 2006 11:41 PM Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
>   Axiom build-improvements branch revision 395 contains all the
> necessary bits to build Axiom on windows and reproduce the above.
> Please could you give it a try?

I pulled the latest patches to build-improvements and tried an
out-of-source build in MSYS but

  mkdir axiom.test
  cd axiom.test
  ../build-improvements/configure

hangs my Windows XP system during a confidence test. I am not able
even to kill the process. After a power-off re-boot the file
axiom.test/config.log contains:

$ tail config.log
|   return 0;
| }
configure:4308: result: no
configure:4324: checking whether getgid is declared
configure:4349: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:31: error: `getgid' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:31: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:31: error: for each function it appears in.)

This same MSYS environment builds axiom--windows--1 and gcl-2.6.8pre
with no problems.

Can you give me some more specifics about how you are testing
this on windows?

Regards,
Bill Page