gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Disparition of a condition ?

From: Vanuxem Gregory
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Disparition of a condition ?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:44:46 +0100

Hello,

When I compile and load the file m_sup_1.lisp (see attachement) with
GCL-2.7.0 (CLtL1) and call the function |checkSplitPunctuation| with
"'s" as parameter the returned value is ("" "'s") but it has to be
("'s").

This is strange : if I paste the content of this file in a freshly
started interpeter and test this function (always with the same
parameter) the result is correct. If I compile this function later this
is correct too.

But now if I compile the file, load the binary file produced and call
this function : bad result. Now (after compilation of this file and
function in the interpreter and compile this function the result is
incorrect. I hope you understand me and you can reproduce what I'm
saying. It seems that GCL does not like nested 'cond'. And moreover the
compilation of a file modify the state of GCL.

I'm somewhat lost.

Greg