gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Request for testing (Win32 users)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:40:11 -0500

On February 12, 2007 11:25 AM Gregory Vanuxem wrote:
> Le dimanche 11 février 2007 à 19:31 -0500, Bill Page a écrit :
> >
> > It works. Great job. I think this is a great step forward
> > for a fully ANSI-compliant common lisp implementation of Axiom.
> > I can't resist to ask: Have you tried building this version of
> > Axiom with GCL in ANSI mode?
>
> No, I dropped support of GCL because of spurious bugs: (cond ...)
> handled strangely (a runtime problem apparently). But I added
> some modifications to allow it to run on the "ANSI" version of
> GCL. They are not tested of course.

Thanks. I think the GCL main developer Camm Maquire would be
strongly motivated to help with ensuring that an ANSI version
of Axiom works with GCL, especially as a means to test and
improve GCL's support for ANSI. As I recall he is away for a
few more weeks but we should expect some comment from him on
this when he returns.

Regards,
Bill Page.