gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Favourite IDE for GCL?

From: Adrienne Thompson
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Favourite IDE for GCL?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:04:21 -0500

> Following a tip from the folks at ut, I've gotten good results with
> simple emacs running gcl in an inferior shell, and using the tags
> facilities extensively.  C-M-a, C-M-u, C-M-f, M-. tag-name, M-x
> tags-search <RET> tag-name followed by M-, etc.  That said, I'd like
> to get slime working (never used it yet).  Perhaps someone might
> summarize/refresh the list of obstacles remaining?  A lot of ansi
> work has been done since the last assessment.

Actually, I'm quite comfortable at the moment running GCL in inferior lisp mode.
I read somewhere where it was suggested that inferior lisp mode was for casual
common lisp programming only; so I wondered what the GCL aficionados were using
as an interface. I'm back using GCL after a year long non-programming project
myself, so I'm trying to get up to speed, but if I do find the compatibility
issues with Slime I'll make sure to list them for you.

Adrienne