gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl, shared libraries, was [Axiom-developer] Lisp po

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl, shared libraries, was [Axiom-developer] Lisp portability
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:40:39 -0400

Quoting Camm Maguire:
... I see no such function in the standard, but am cc'ing Paul Dietz.
I therefore would suggest (system (format nil "rm -rf ~s" x))

I am really surprised that Lispers do not find this sort of
suggestion really revolting! Surely the point of an operating
system is to provide such services to programs at low level
without resorting to command line interpretation to pass
parameters and access such functions. .. there's got to, there's got to be a better way ...
Regards,
Bill Page.