gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom ia64

From: Richard Harke
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom ia64
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:52:27 -0700

I have been spending some time on this and finally feel like
I understand what needs to be done. The first part is in the
"SPECIAL_BFD". As I now understand it, no relocation occurs
here but some additional reloc types (and their sections) need
to be created to complete the object file. In particular, ia64
will require at least three new sections, .got, .plt and .opd.
But there is a problem a little later. The ia664 backend to
bfd does not seem to support the routine bfd_get_relocated_section_contents
at least for this usage. All the low level routines appear to be present
but it is not clear what front end routine(s) to call to take advantage
of them. Can you make any suggestions?

Richard