gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: GCL disassemble

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL disassemble
Date: 17 Apr 2008 18:07:45 -0400

Greetings!

"Stavros Macrakis" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Camm, I think I asked you this a long time ago, but I can't find
> the answer.  Sorry to bother you....

No problem!

> In Maxima/GCL, how do I disassemble a function to assembler (not just
> C source)?  Also, what is the path of the GCL macros such as

If objdump is in your path, 2.6.x should show you the assembler at all
times.  In 2.7.0, this can be suppressed with an optional extra nil
argument to (disassemble)

> car/cadr/vs_reserve, etc. etc.? They are apparently copied into some
> temp file gazonk_XXXX.h, but where do they come from?

h/cmpinclude.h under the gcl installation or source tree.  This in
turn is a concatenation of many files under h/.

Take care,