gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches

From: Jerry James
Subject: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:34:43 -0700

Over the last month, I've submitted several patches to fix problems on
current Fedora systems.  While a short discussion followed a couple of
the patches, largely I've been met with silence.  How should I be
proceeding?  Should I be submitting the patches to the Savannah patch
tracker instead of sending them to this list?  I am absolutely ready
to discuss the problems these patches address, and how I came up with
the proposed solutions ... in what forum?

Incidentally, the "Debian package page" link on
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/ is broken.  The trailing ".html"
should be changed to "/" to fix it.

Also, what version of GCL should I be attempting to package for
Fedora: 2.6.7, or current CVS (which, I gather, is intended to become
2.7.0 some day)?  I've also seen mention of a "2.6.8pre".  What is
that?  Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/