gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] PPC64 platform

From: Jerry James
Subject: [Gcl-devel] PPC64 platform
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:19:53 -0700

I had to exclude GCL from building on the ppc64 platform for Fedora
due to failing builds.  Some investigation shows that that platform
and a handful of others (such as ia64) have been discussed on this
list before.  Apparently, the BFD library does not support some of the
methods used to make executable dumping possible on other platforms.

Has anyone looked further into the ppc64 and other such platforms?
What approach can be taken to build a working GCL there?  I tried
configuring with --enable-dlopen, but that failed with a segfault,
just like the BFD build.

Thanks,
--
Jerry James