gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:31:30 -0500

Greetings!

First, let me thank you again so much for your attention and
contribution to GCL!  I've downloaded your patches and are looking
them over.

Regarding the bfd patch, I cannot find a bfd version (on any debian
release version at least) which requires this output_bfd setting.  Can
you fill me in on the problem you encountered?

Take care,

Jerry James <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Greetings, and please excuse my absence of late.  I have recently left
>> my job of 17 years, and am confronting a new situation of chronic
>> illness in my family.  I am also currently without an effective method
>> for dealing with with the massive amount of spam I receive each day
>> from debian.org.  I'm wedded to emacs, and so am trying to get gnus to
>> filter effectively.
>
> I'm very sorry to hear about the chronic illness situation.  I wish
> you and your family all the best in dealing with that.
>
> I used Emacs + Gnus and then XEmacs + Gnus starting about 1994 up
> until a couple of years ago.  I used spamassassin to filter my email
> during the last couple of years that I used Gnus.  Even with constant
> training, it never worked very well.  A couple of years ago, for a
> variety of reasons, I moved almost exclusively to gmail.  I do get the
> occasional false negative or false positive, but both are pretty rare.

Am now trying the emacs spam-stat package with gnus, and a more
aggressive fancy-split variable.  Will see if this can keep up with
the developments on the dark side :-).

>> I'd like to launch another GCL burst now if possible.  I have a local
>> tree which greatly accelerates the new automatic inlining of 2.7.0,
>> primarily by storing precompiled C strings in addition to compressed
>> lisp code for each compiled function.  There are remaining niggles,
>> primarily getting the labels and variable numbers to be adjustable.
>> Finalizing the inlining policy, and hopefully cleaning up the
>> remaining ansi issues, are all that stand in the way of 2.7.0.
>>
>> I'm thrilled to welcome new contributers!  Needless to say, all GCL
>> matters are up for consultation -- the more minds the better.
>
> I think I have some things to offer this project and would be
> delighted to have a chance to contribute.

Perhaps you could register at savannah and send me your username --
then we can discuss some commit policy?  If your interested, then
welcome aboard!

Take care,