gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: still have "Bad plist" problem

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: still have "Bad plist" problem
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 13:19:26 -0400

Greetings!

Matt Kaufmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Camm --
>
> By the way, I'm still seeing a problem with GCL 2.6.8pre that we've
> discussed over the years:  A "Bad plist" error that seems to occur
> randomly.  I don't have any suggestions -- we've kind of exhausted
> what I can offer, and unfortunately, the error seems intermittent.
> Anyhow, I thought  you might want to know it's still there.  At UT CS,
> the version I used is /lusr/opt/gcl-2.6.8pre/bin/gcl, and my latest
> error looks like this:
>
>   Error: Bad plist ((< (EXPO X) K) (IF (< # A) (IF # # ...) ...) (QUOTE NIL))
>
> But "Bad plist" has taken many different forms over time.

Does this mean you get a different error message on occasion?

Does the gc mode (i.e. sgc) affect this?

Any other list corruption?  (I'm assuming you can examine and verify
the bad plist after this error.)

> I've run the ACL2 regression on Clozure CL (CCL) with safety 3 not
> long ago (and ACL2 has changed little since then), so there's some
> evidence at least that this isn't ACL2's fault.
>
> My only suggestion is that you run a bunch of regression runs and see
> if you can make this happen on your own system.  But maybe that's not
> helpful.

Is it possible to reactivate my account at ut so that I might try to
reproduce this?

Take care,