gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:16:19 -0400

Greetings, and thanks so much for your report!

I'd like to chae down the cvs issue, but to get going quickly I'd like
to make sure you are using the 2.6.8pre cvs branch.

My apologies for this somewhat sscatterred state of affairs, but here
is the GCL development convention:

x.y.z, y even -- stable series
       y odd  -- development series

2.6.8 will be the next stable release.  It really should have been
released some time ago.  2.7.0, aka cvs HEAD, is the development
snapshot and can experience breakages from time to time.

To get 2.6.8pre, which is the branch that will be tagged as 2.6.8 when
released, do

cvs -z9 -q -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gcl \
     co -d gcl-2.6.8pre -r Version_2_6_8pre gcl

To get cvs head, do

cvs -z9 -q -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gcl \
     co -d gclcvs-2.7.0 gcl

Finally, the Debian packages labeled 2.6.7-??? are actually 2.6.8pre
snapshots.  This is to ensure that 2.6.8 will compile on all
architectures supporting all applications before final release.

Please let me know if problems persist.

Take care,