gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Another PLT patch

From: Jerry James
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Another PLT patch
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:38:32 -0600

I had to apply the attached patch to finally (I hope!) solve the PLT
problems I had on some of Fedora's secondary architectures.  This is
against the 2.6.8pre branch.  I can redo it for HEAD if necessary.

The first hunk of the patch compares the number of fields against 2,
rather than comparing the last field.

The second hunk checks for .iplt in addition to .plt.  I don't know
what an iplt is, but we're getting references to whatever it is in the
linker map.  Without this, we get an address read error on a line like
this:

  *(,iplt)

Regards,
--