gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [TeXmacs] A rewrite of tm_axiom.c (attached)

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [TeXmacs] A rewrite of tm_axiom.c (attached)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:38:08 -0600

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Enrique Perez-Terron <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have just downloaded open-axiom-1.3.0.tar.bz2, and attempted to build
> it using the standard installed gcl from Fedora 11.

I am the Fedora maintainer of gcl.  I welcome input on how the gcl
package should be configured and built.

> Obviously the program expects the input to have an empty line separating
> distinct parts. Maybe some tool has been changed. Maybe there used to be
> an empty line just before the "*(.iplt)" line, or may be two lines
> containing .iplt have been added in a recent version of the tools that
> generate the map file. I have

The *(.iplt) line didn't use to be present.  I found .iplt lines being
generated when I last built on Fedora Rawhide (soon to be F-12), and
fixed the problem there.  I didn't realize it had shown up in F-11 as
well.  I'll roll a new F-11 package with the iplt fix in it tomorrow.

>> GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  April 1994  131072 pages
>> Building symbol table for /home/enrique/src/build-oa/src/lisp/raw_lisp ..
>> Initializing gcl_defmacro.o
>> Can't open file ~s
>> Lisp initialization failed.
>>
>> "lisp"
>>
>> AxiomCore>
>
> I found the following line in the source of gcl, in file o/fasdump.c:
>
>> if (in == Cnil)
>>        FEerror("Can't open file ~s",1,d);
>
> I wonder if the string "~s" should have been "%s" ...

No, that function takes Lisp formatting strings.  See o/error.c.  I
don't know why it didn't expand the ~s.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/