gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Renesas SH4 porterbox

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Renesas SH4 porterbox
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:19:38 -0400

Greetings!  Am uploading a gcl -58 which should work on sh4.

There is one unfortunate limitation stemming from the implementation
of sh_elf_reloc in libbfd.a:

  if (symbol_in != NULL
      && bfd_is_und_section (symbol_in->section))
    return bfd_reloc_undefined;

This prevents GCL from using libbfd to implement native object code
relocation, and is a moderately serious deficiency.  All the other
targets process symbols in undefined sections if the BSF_WEAK flag is
set.  I'm wondering if you could put me in touch with the author of
this routine to see if a modification could be made.

Take care,