gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.6.8

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.6.8
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 17:05:20 -0400

Greetings!

OK, I've committed an immediate fix to your compiler link problem.  I
don't know how this ever worked on windows, but gcl needs to figure
out the init name for each lisp .o passed to compiler link, and this
simply failed with an unsupported error.

Separately, we have a number of wine path issues to work out.

It is useful to build under wine, and I'd like the tree to do this
transparently.  In order to do this, all executables but one are built
with mingw compilers, the exception being unixport/msys.

I had this originally to get around a global CC setting:

        PATH=/usr/bin:$$PATH cc $< -o $@ # Unix binary if running wine

but Don' system had no cc, so I replaced with

        PATH=/usr/bin:$$PATH $(CC) $< -o $@ # Unix binary if running wine

now, which defeats the wine purpose, as $(CC) picks up the mingw
compiler.

Secondly, to build under wine, all pathnames passed through system
need to be absolute.  The standard gcl 'compile and 'compile-file do
this automatically.  Likewise, link can easily handle the files list
argument, and the destination executable, etc.  But the files in
extra-libs have to be parsed as a string, and distinctions made
between genuine files and options like -lm.

You also redirect compiler::*cc* to libtool.  This might work, but
again the path needs to be absolute for wine testing.

Finally, your axiom configure does not propagate the CC setting, so
bsdsignal etc are compiled as elf by the normal system gcc.

Suggestions most welcome.

Take care,

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Greetings!  Thanks!  Please cvs update and try again.
>
> I just finished a successful build on a windows XP using msys/mingw.
> I'll try on a windows 7 64-bit later.
>
> I'm launching a GCL-based OpenAxiom.
>
> Thanks!

Great!  64bit windows probably needs some work.  There are no mingw64
packages I can use to test it AFAICT.

Take care,