gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: 32bit GCL

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: 32bit GCL
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:58:37 -0500

"George W. Dinolt" <address@hidden> writes:

|  Gabriel:
|
| I had the same problem. The issue seems to be connected with having
| tcl/tk in your path. When that happens, gcl tries to link them in and
| the issue you discovered raises its head. If you remove /opt/local/bin
| or /sw/bin/ or wherever you have tcl/tk installed from your path, then
| gcl (32bit) builds and runs beautifully on OS X 10.5.8. I have been
| able to build both acl2 and open-axiom. Acl2 runs through all the
| books except defxdoc on my systems. Open-axiom seems to be having
| trouble with the graphics but otherwise works well.
|
| I had the same problem building gcl 64 bit on OS X. Again removing, in
| my case /opt/local/bin from the path and building, worked fine. ACL2
| built, but open-axiom did not build. Error report to come.
|
| Regards,
| George

Hi George,

  Thanks for the tip.  Indeed removing /opt/local from my PATH led to
successful build.  Nothing else did:  --disable-tkconfig
--disable-tclconfig did not work; --disable-xgcl did not work.  Only
removing /opt/local did.

Camm, do you think it is possible to make --disable-tk --disable-tcl
entirely disabling linking with tcl/tk?

I'm now building OpenAxiom with the newly built GCL-2.6.8 -- so far, it
seems to be progressing quite well.

-- Gaby