gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Make still fails on WinXP for ANSI

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Make still fails on WinXP for ANSI
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:33:56 -0400

Greetings!

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Greetings!
> |
> | BTW, great doc here!
> |
> | I have been granted sporadic win32 access by a gcl user.  I've noticed
> | that in a msys shell, gcl will successfully be able to run gcc via the
> | mingw "system" call for a while, then, apparently randomly, an "gcc is
> | not a system executable or batch file" error occurs, and nothing can
> | be compiled further until another msys window is started.  Familiar?
> | Suggestions?
>
> Hi Camm,
>
> I never saw that type of error.  Is there a recipe to attempt to
> reproduce that?

No recipe yet.  The log:  build and compile ansi gcl, compile maxima,
run make check twice without error, build a non-ansi image, download
acl2 sources, try to compile anything --> error.

New window:  run gcl ansi under shell, compile function with success,
remove a maxima .o file, remake maxima successfully, run gcl again,
try to compile a function -->error

New window:  run gcl ansi under shell, compile function with success,
run gcl non-ansi under shell, compile function with success.

Take care,