gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Building GCL on Win32 -- ANSI variant still fails on my rebu

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Building GCL on Win32 -- ANSI variant still fails on my rebuilt WinXP machine...
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 09:21:46 -0700

Camm,

After my WinXP machine died, you took up the task of verifying that
GCL268pre could build on that platform.

With the end of the semester I reconfigured the dead machine with
Ubuntu 10.10 and installed WinXP under emulation through Sun's (now
Oracle's) VirtualBox.

I can successfully build the CLtL1 version of GCL, but the ANSI
version fails at make.  Did you have success building the ANSI version
in your trials?  (Building both variants on my WinVista machines is
still unproblematic.)

I'll send the logs for configure and make to your home E-mail since
they seem to be too big to fit into the GCL-devel list.  I can send
them to anyone else interested also -- just let me know.

Best wishes for the season and new year!

_don

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Ph.D.
Professor
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Department of Instructional & Performance Technology
1910 University Drive, Boise, Idaho 83725-2070 USA
E-mail: address@hidden
WWW: http://ipt.boisestate.edu
Telephone: (+01) 208 426 1899
Fax: (+01) 208 426 1970