gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiler does not give error if T clause in case constru

From: Faheem Mitha
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiler does not give error if T clause in case construct is not last one
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:37:17 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, Camm Maguire wrote:

Greetings!

Faheem Mitha <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

The bugs page at http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gcl looks dead,
so I'm writing to the developer mailing list. If there is a more
suitable place to report bugs, let me know and I'll send it there.

This is fine, thanks!  (Debian bts is good too.)

I've committed a fix in the stable branch for the problem you report. I'll be uploading this to Debian shortly. Please check it out and let me know if problems persist. And thanks for the report!

Thanks for the reply. Can you point me to the fix? I browsed the CVS repository, but didn't see anything.

                                                         Regards, Faheem

Consider the following session. I believe this is wrong.

address@hidden:/usr/bin$ gcl
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.7 CLtL1    Jan 20 2012 20:04:53
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd,xgcl)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (XGCL READLINE UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
Temporary directory for compiler files set to /tmp/

(defparameter x 2)

(defun foo (y) (case y (t (print "matches t")) (1 (print "matches
1")) )
)

FOO

(foo x)