gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Unhandled R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC reloc

From: Jerry James
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Unhandled R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC reloc
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:18:15 -0600

The latest build of gcl for the upcoming Fedora 18 release has failed on an ARM platform, like this:

OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=1 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
Finished compiling /builddir/build/BUILD/gcl-2.6.8/unixport/../pcl/gcl_pcl_pkg.o.
Error: The assertion tp&~tp on line 182 of sfaslelf.c in function relocate failed
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by OR.
Broken at LOAD.  Type :H for Help.

That assertion means we saw a reloc type that isn't handled in h/elf32_arm_reloc.h.  I added a patch to print the reloc type number when that assertion fails.  It is 43: R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC.  How should that be handled?

(This must be due to a newer toolchain in Fedora 18, as the exact same sources build successfully using the Fedora 17 toolchain.)

Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/