gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:12:07 -0700

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Faré <address@hidden> wrote:
> Why do I bother contacting the GCL team? I dunno.
> Maybe some day I manage to compile GCL again, add debug GCL support.
> In any case, if and when you make another release of GCL,
> don't forget to include ASDF as a provided module.

I maintain the GCL package for Fedora.  I gave up on 2.6.7 over 4
years ago; it just won't build on modern Linux systems.  But I've been
building the 2.6.8pre branch successfully all that time.  It's true
that I'm also carrying no less than 17 patches against 2.6.8pre, but
if you would like a recipe that builds a working GCL, let me know.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/