gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] (no subject)

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:13:22 -0500

Hi, Camm --

Thanks very much for the info about #@ and #!.

I'm afraid I don't have much of an idea about "real world" use for
fixnums.  In a local project, I think we take advantage of CCL's large
fixnum range on 64-bit machines:

  ? most-positive-fixnum
  1152921504606846975
  ? most-negative-fixnum
  -1152921504606846976
  ? (expt 2 60)
  1152921504606846976
  ?

Of course, that's probably kind of irrelevant, since you were asking
about fast fixnums rather than fixnums.  I don't have much else to
offer; sorry.  I'll follow up with someone who may have more of a
sense about your question.

Thanks --
-- Matt