gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Segfault while building maxima

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Segfault while building maxima
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:58:21 -0600

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Jerry James <address@hidden> wrote:
> OK, so ignore the email I just sent moments ago.  It had the same
> effect as this patch, i.e., disabling sgbc so that maxima doesn't try
> to use it.  I've got a gcl build with --enable-debug going now.  Once
> it is done, I'll attempt the maxima build again and send the results.

It's SELinux.  Again.  It is denying an mprotect() call because the
saved image doesn't have the right SELinux type (it needs execheap
permission).  I fixed this a few years ago, but it looks like some
recent change has broken my fix.  I'll try to track it down.  Anyway,
it appears that this is not a bug in gcl, but a bug in the build
system I'm using.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/