gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] SIGKILL on kbsd

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] SIGKILL on kbsd
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 11:40:54 -0400

Greetings, and thanks!  I've worked around this for now.  In general, I
was assuming that a successful brk call guaranteed the corresponding
allocation of memory, even though it is common for the pages to not
actually be added to the process until written.  On kfbsd, I limit the
break to PHYS_PAGES from sysconf.  Linux seems to give a brk failure
when the actual allocation would fail, though my testing here is
preliminary.

Take care,