gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL build error on OpenMandriva

From: pcpa
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL build error on OpenMandriva
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:50:59 -0300 (BRT)

Camm Maguire escreveu:
> Greetings!

  Hi,

  The files appear small enough, so I am not posting in private
mail, as it should be of interest of others, e.g. the gcl
package I am building is based on the Fedora one, and Jerry
James had issues, but only in i586, where he got the same
error I have in x86_64, but he managed to fix that by
adding -fno-omit-frame-pointer in the Fedora build.

> OK, checking
>
> http://file-store.rosalinux.ru/api/v1/file_stores/b22e18a59ed9bcb5cb0cfe4985ab59c77ab9ffe7.log?show=true
>
> the problem appears to be
>
> Finished compiling
> /builddir/build/BUILD/gcl-2.6.8/unixport/../pcl/gcl_pcl_pkg.o.

> _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ is undefined
>
> Error: Cannot get relocated section contents
>

> meaning your gcc/flag combination is spitting out an unsupported
> relocation into gcl_pcl_pkg.o.

  Weird, I was afraid it could be something like that, and
harcoded CFLAGS to "-O2 -g -pipe -fPIC -fuse-ld=bfd -fno-omit-frame-pointer"
but CXXFLAGS and FFLAGS still have a "complicated" value,
what I believe should not matter for gcl... but that can
be noticed in the build log :-)

> Next step is to post
>
> objdump -r gcl_pcl_pkg.o
> and