gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL build error on OpenMandriva

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL build error on OpenMandriva
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 13:58:40 -0400

Greetings!  The problematic CFLAG is -fPIC.  If you can remove this, you
should be good to go.

There is no reason to use this in gcl, -- all code is statically
relocated once at load time.  (In fact, even if you cannot remove -fPIC
in building GCL, we should be able to remove it from the compiler::*cc*
string used by gcl to compile lisp files.)

That said, at some point we might as well implement GOT relocations on
i386/x86_64 as we do elsewhere, as some 'hardening' flags seem to
require this also.  Relocations are quite tricky and very difficult to
debug, so I'd prefer to postpone this for now.

Take care,