gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Fwd: Problem with making 2.6.9 on MacOS 10.8.4

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Fwd: Problem with making 2.6.9 on MacOS 10.8.4
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 15:15:52 -0400

Greetings!

> It zipped along quite nicely compiling, etc, then got:

> fat_string.c:35: error: conflicting types for ‘profil’
> /usr/include/unistd.h:706: error: previous declaration of ‘profil’ was here
> make[1]: *** [fat_string.o] Error 1
> make: *** [unixport/saved_pre_gcl] Error 2

> -- Jeff

Yes please see:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gcl-devel/2013-08/msg00011.html

4) macosx builds have been tested on snow leopard.  More recent versions
appear to have a linker bug which prevents configure from detecting the
provided profil() routine.  A workaround here should be to

echo "#undef NO_PROFILE >>h/config.h"

after configure and before make.

If you could try this and report back, that would be great!  Even
better, if you could provide remote access to this machine, I'll fix it!
I only have access to Snow Leopard.

Short of access, should you want to help, please post build and
configure logs and I'll try to give you some remote commands to try.

Take care,