gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Partial success (re)achieved building GCL on Win7 (was, Re:

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Partial success (re)achieved building GCL on Win7 (was, Re: help fixing edit_double, failure to print 1d-6 for gcl-2.6.8)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 20:32:56 -0600

Adding on to my previous message about running GCL built on WinXP, on
Win7, and vice versa.

My failure to build _anything_ on Win7 appear to be related to a
munged installation of MinGW, MSYS and GCC 3.3.1. I'm pretty confident
this was caused by the *loose nut on my keyboard*.

After getting that straightened out I had success building 2.6.8 and
2.6.10pre (both cltl1 and ansi) on Win7 under GCC 3.3.1

Builds of 2.6.8 accomplished on Win7, run on WinXP

Builds of 2.6.10pre accomplished on Win7, do not run on WinXP

_don