gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] running program compiled by GCL via Wine

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] running program compiled by GCL via Wine
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:16:08 -0700

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:

> In any case, alas, the detect_wine function is run too early to change
> the si::*system-directory*.  I suppose I could have it read an
> environment variable by default, or maybe move it to the first use of
> 'system', which might provide more working room.  Suggestions most
> welcome.  In any case, if there is a chance you might build gcl from
> source according to README.wine and run from the build directory, I'd
> appreciate any feedback on how it goes for you.

OK, thanks for the suggestion. I tried the instructions
in README.wine but I run into this error:

$ ./configure --host=mingw32
[...]
checking for CFLAG -Wno-unused-but-set-variable... configure: error:
in `/home/robert/tmp/gcl-git/gcl/gcl':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

??

best

Robert Dodier