gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Windows

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Windows
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:34:59 -0400

Greetings!  Happy to announce that Version_2_6_10pre now builds
unmodified with the latest mingw.  maxima passes all tests -- checking
acl2 now.

Donald Winiecki <address@hidden> writes:

> If you get a chance I'd appreciate a bit more detail so I can start
> where you have gotten yourself, when I get free of other duties.
>
> In particular, what other components (and what version #) have you
> installed along with the latest MinGW -- those parallel to the current
> MinGW with GCC 3.3.1?

I went here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get-setup.exe/download

got the latest mingw-get-setup.exe, ran it, and installed the base
system (plus autoconf I think) in the standard location.  If you can
tell me how to detail the package listing in an email with some command,
I'm happy to do so.  gcc 4.8.1

The problem was mostly due to the fact that this gcc uses the TMP
environment variable instead of TMPDIR as the docs seem to state.  Our
configure used this too, but no longer does.  There also seems to be an
erroneous free in the mingw startup which we let pass, and some
preprocessor semantic differences.

For a while, configure/awk was not working due to a LF/CRLF mismatch in
the .in files.  It seems now that git does this translation
automatically (?).  Not sure how this is supposed to work, but
apparently it does now.

For those interested, I've also found out how to use mingw/msys bash as
an emacs shell.  I can build and test everything within emacs as I'm
accustomed.  The advantage here of course is the ability to copy and
paste shell commands when problems arise.  Never knew how much I relied
on this until it was gone :-)

mingw says it can support parallel installations.  If you'd like, I can
try to duplicate on your machine what is working on the other.

Take care,