gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] sys-proclaims.lisp

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] sys-proclaims.lisp
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:27:36 -0700

    Camm> Greetings!  In putting together 2.6.11, I've added automatic
    Camm> 'proclaimed-closure detection to GCL's sys-proclaim.lisp generating
    Camm> facility.  I noticed maxima bypasses these gcl routines, apparently to
    Camm> keep sys-proclaims.lisp from changing to frequently.  As the default
gcl

Yes, that's the reason we bpassed gcl routines. We still use the
internal routines, however, to generate the data, but we don't try to
coalesce them all if the arguments types match.

What does 'proclaimed-closure detection actually do and how does that
affect sys-proclaim?

    Camm> build process is now to build twice anyway, generating a fresh
    Camm> sys-proclaims.lisp each time, can we not just default to the routines
in
    Camm> gcl and let my improvements flow through?

Perhaps things have changed, but sys-proclaim isn't supposed to be
generated on every build. Or perhaps my memory of how this all works
is wrong; I don't build with gcl nearly as often as I used to.

Ray