gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] fast-linking and conservative gc

From: u1204
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] fast-linking and conservative gc
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 04:56:11 -0400

Camm,

The fastlink optimization is vital to the speed of Axiom.
Bill and I talked about that a lot during the AKCL work.

I am rewriting Axiom into straight lisp code.

Is there a way I can tell when a fastlink function call
cannot be performed and why? For example, a message like

   Note: cannot fastlink function call foo
         in function bar because the return type
         of foo is not a single word

That would allow me to improve the code I write.

I have removed most of the autoloader code but Axiom
does tend to redefine functions because, you know, lisp :-)

Tim