gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] 2.6.11 windows

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.11 windows
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:10:10 -0400

Greetings, and thanks so much for your report!

Alas, I cannot reproduce any of it on my windows machine.  Perhaps you
can instruct me how to report OS and software versions for comparison
purposes.  Also, if you can setup rdp on your machine, I will be happy
to take a look directly.

I've updated the gmp libraries per your instructions to see if I could
reproduce the floating point maxima error, but to no avail.

cygwin builds for me out of the box.  I suppose I have the rpc headers
in my installation?  I can check this if desired.

My suspicion is that you have old sources for some reason.  Quite a
while ago, there was a modification which briefly had gcl recognizing 2f
as a symbol, which though apparently legal, was reverted to the standard
behavior (float).

If this is not the case, then we need to compare software versions and
chase this down before release.  I might need a little help getting the
versions from mingw, cygwin, and windows, but gcc and the like I can
report directly here:

cygwin: gcc 4.7.3
mingw: gcc 4.8.1

Take care,